As enterprises continue to witness increasing competition from the new-age nimble technology companies, there is massive pressure on them to maintain their status quo and ensure their margins and market share aren’t eaten into. Given the indispensable role technology plays in strengthening the foundation of any business, it becomes critical to have the best systems, technologies, and processes implemented. But not every company is capable of ensuring or can afford the best IT infrastructure, which has led to the unstoppable growth of the ‘Anything as a Service’ market.
The Growth of ‘Anything as a Service’
Although every company today is a technology company, using modern innovations to streamline operations, increase agility and innovation, and transform the customer experience, not everyone has the skill set, the budget, or the resources to drive successful transformation. For such companies, ‘Anything as a Service’ via cloud opens doors to numerous opportunities and benefits, including:
- Improving the ability to build new apps, introduce new features, and respond to new trends
- Reducing costs by eliminating expensive infrastructure investments and paying only for the services needed
- Moving critical IT staff to high-value projects that contribute greatly to the bottom line
- Enjoying much-needed flexibility and elasticity in running the business while aligning to regulatory and market fluctuations
- Receiving access to new-age technologies, business models, and cutting-edge capabilities
- Ensuring the business runs 24×7 – without any downtime – and customers are catered to around-the-clock
Popular ‘Anything as a Service’ Models
Given how complex the implementation, management, and support of complex IT systems has become, ‘Anything as a Service’ makes it easy for organizations to introduce new products, enter into new markets, or just improve how they run their business. With low barriers to entry, little or no capital expenditure, and multi-tenancy and scalability advantages, these service models have become extremely popular in the world of business. And while SaaS, IaaS, and PaaS continue to regain their popularity, here are some ‘Anything as a Service’ models you can make the most of:
- Software development as a Service: Every company today recognizes the need to offer a stunning website or an intuitive app to engage their customers more efficiently. But not every company has the time, money, or skill set to carry out application development effectively. Opting for Software Development as a Service can allow you to strategize and develop cutting-edge mobile or web solutions that meet the evolving needs of your customers and propel your business towards success. You can get access to a pool of qualified experts who can understand your business, curate unique strategies, and build a robust roadmap, thus optimizing your development processes, increasing efficiency, and improving productivity. Instead of spending time hiring skilled resources or investing in costly tools, you can allow your partner to take on your development activities while you focus on taking your business to newer heights.
- Analytics as a Service: As data becomes the new fuel, organizations big and small need to turn this data into insight and insight into action. But building a qualified data analytics team or investing in highly competent data scientists is not always feasible. For such organizations, the Analytics as a Service model is a great alternative to meet their growing data analytics needs – without indulging in the complexities involved. An experienced partner can deliver services in a way that allows you to make vital use of the abundant data present, so you can make better business decisions and arrive at appropriate conclusions. By constantly scrutinizing, cleansing, transforming, and structuring data, your partner can help discover information that is beneficial for your enterprise – allowing you to personalize experiences, mitigate risk, and optimize operations.
- Automation as a Service: Eliminating manual tasks to improve productivity, reduce error rate, and enhance efficiency is a great way to meet business objectives more easily. And that’s what Automation as a Service does: it allows you to automate repetitive activities and allow staff to focus on activities that really drive value. So, whether you want to automate error-prone data entry tasks, streamline order processing, or quickly onboard your users, using Automation as a Service, you can do this and more – without investing in expensive automation technologies, hiring skilled resources, or procuring complex tools. The partner you engage with will help you identify tasks for automation, advise on the next steps, and also build the solution for you – so you can focus on your core business.
- IoT as a Service: More and more organizations today are investing in IoT sensors and smart devices to improve overall efficiency and productivity, but not everyone knows how to deal with the massive volume of data these devices are producing. IoT as a Service empowers companies to leverage the full power of connected devices, make evidence-based decisions, and speed time-to-value. By offering access to the resources – without investing in complex and costly infrastructure – the model paves the way for rapid evolution and innovation through seamless integration, scalability, and compatibility. Since organizations can adopt this disruptive technology with less risk and cost, they can get make the most of sophisticated data analysis to enhance the usefulness of their connected devices and drive greater revenue.
- Digital Transformation as a Service: Digital transformation has become a key priority for every business today, but fueling successful transformation isn’t always possible. Organizations that fail to modernize existing systems, integrate processes, or embrace new innovations can turn to Digital Transformation as a Service for exceptional results. By combining years of strategic transformation knowledge with lean product innovation, a qualified partner can offer this service to create an agile and responsive organization and a digital excellence experience. The partner can help in identifying maximum impact areas and fuel effective transformation through rapid prototyping, modular development, and cultural alignment.
Organizations that are looking to transform themselves to overcome new-age digital competition and the chaos caused by the pandemic have realized the need to fuel technology-led digital transformation to revamp their business processes and align themselves with evolving user needs. But lack of the right tools or skill set to lead this transformation is rife, which has led to the cumulative growth of the ‘Anything as a Service’ market. Which service are you opting for?