Do you know how much data you produce in one second? Somewhere close to 1.5-2 MB data, adding up with each passing second. This is just the data creation of one person. Now imagine how huge this figure is for all the users around the world!
In just 60 seconds, 1,820 TB of data is shared, 11 million instant messages are sent, and 300 new users join the internet. Big data is evolving, and companies are leveraging it to improve their decision-making in real-time. No surprise that the trends indicate the Big Data analytics market growing to $103 billion by 2023.
Today, startups, as well as large enterprises, are using big data and analytics to have a statistical and predictive overview of their target customers. Even mobile app developers are focusing on using big data for better reach.
What Is Big Data?
Big data usually refers to a huge volume of data that is exponentially growing with time, and due to its complexity, it cannot be processed by traditional data management tools.
Big data can be generated through devices, tools, people, etc., and requires appropriate data collection, analytics, and hosting. Processing and analysis of big data can offer real-time inputs into the business to have a clear idea of the performance, users, profits, productivity, risk, and augmented shareholder value.
Big data analytics helps huge corporations like Amazon, Netflix, Starbucks, and American Express to encompass real-time data, and boost their operations.
Big Data and its Importance in Mobile App Development
As per a report by Statista Research Department, consumers downloaded 218 billion mobile apps to their devices in 2020. Huge volumes of raw data are generated by this user base of mobile apps. This kind of raw or unstructured data requires high-level analytics to test and interpret insights from the raw numbers.
Big data tools help app developers to streamline, collect, and assess the data sets to perceive user expectations. The developers then use these big data insights to develop innovative mobile apps. Big data forms a significant factor in mobile app development in various areas such as –
- Gauge User Expectations: The first impact of big data is gauging users’ expectations and serving their requirements. By curating the application features as per the users’ expectations, developers can also determine the cost of the application for maximizing profits. This collected raw data can also offer useful insights to the businesses. Big data helps developers in understanding the reaction of users coming from different backgrounds and social settings, along with their approach towards the application.
- Data Insights in Real-time: In this dynamic world of mobile applications, customers’ needs and expectations alter every day. They want immediate solutions as well as exclusive features. Therefore, mobile app developers also need to keep up with the trends and constantly experiment with their methods. Organizations can use big data to gain immediate access to this real-time data and insights into the world of clients. With a rigorous assessment of the real-time data, businesses can make data-driven decisions to improve the user experience.
- Improve UX: The mobile app development industry is growing very competitive. Besides perceiving the user requirements, mobile app developers also need to know how the customers interact with the apps. With the help of big data, user experience analytics is easier to get. Mobile app developers can generate a detailed analysis of engagement with each feature and page of the application. This information can be used either to bring a change or enhance the available functionalities on the mobile application.
- Enhance Marketing Strategies: The impact of big data on mobile app development is way more complex than simply understanding the users and the market. It involves metrics like comments, shares, likes, demands, expectations, and even the subscriptions on the apps. With deep analysis, companies can get very accurate data along with competitive analysis and exact information on their target audience. With this information, it gets easier to create targeted strategies to enhance productive engagement. The analysis can also help the companies to experiment with mobile advertising, personalize their messages and branding, and assist in designing better marketing campaigns and content sharing strategies.
- Sentiment Analytics: Big data analytics delve further into social media analytics for their specific items. The tools can track all kinds of mentions on social media including complaints, client reviews, and media mentions like on images and videos. Organizations can use these social media insights to respond to the user reactions and work on the feedback received. Simply by knowing the users better and understanding their preference of social media interaction, businesses can sell their products more effectively.
- Improve Conversions: The major purpose of developing a mobile application is to boost revenue by creating a streamlined way of customer interaction. Big data is not only important for collecting local data but can also provide information on global trends. This way, mobile app developers can leverage the data to enhance the mobile app development process. If the developers can offer a better solution to the existing market problems, they can easily implement mobile app monetization models and improve sales conversion.
- Wider App Penetration: Going global is an idea that everyone loves. To make an application that caters to the international customer base, big data can collect their information based on geographic location, demography, age, gender, etc. This way, developers can easily identify their target audience and appeal to them with the useful features of the mobile app. Developers can also add more features depending upon the geographic location and demography.
Be it the live traffic conditions on Uber, or wireless smart taps on I-TAP R2, mobile applications are revolutionizing our worldview with the help of big data.
With big data to assist with more information about user requirements, preferences, and location, this is the time to leverage it in your mobile application development. And what can be better than Heptagon – a catalyst to your digital growth!