What is Robotic Process Automation or RPA?
Robotic Process Automation is the technology that allows anyone today to configure computer software, or a “robot” to emulate and integrate the actions of a human interacting within digital systems to execute a business process. It can do mundane, repetitive stuff more quickly, accurately, and tirelessly than humans, freeing them to do other tasks requiring human strengths such as emotional intelligence, reasoning, judgment, and interaction with the customer.
- 60% of all jobs have 30% of their activity potential for automation. (Source)
- Back office workers spend 80% of the time on manual tasks. Most of which can be automated using RPA (Source)
- 65% of companies in the US are planning to adopt RPA (Source)
- Companies using RPA seem to have 30% – 200 % increase in ROI in the very first year (Source)
Below you can find a simple use case of RPA in action.
Here we have taken a regular court case process.
If a case is filed on a person, a summon notice will be sent by the court to the respective person. This is a legal document that commands them to appear in a specific court at a specified date and time. If the address is correct, then Summons will take around 8–12 days to be delivered. However, if the address is flawed, then Summons will have to be sent to Local Police station and in such cases delivery may take as long as 4–5 weeks. If the person fails to show up at the scheduled court date, the judge will issue a warrant for the arrest to the particular person.
For instance, if a court case is filed on a CEO of an MNC then the CEO has to know all the case details ASAP in order to solve the case. He needs to find the root cause of the case and gather all evidence before the summon appearance date.
In this case, let’s say the CEO for some reason didn’t get the notice. He would have to assign an employee who would have to check the court case status in the ECourts Service Portal. This portal has all the details about the case. In this case, since the CEO doesn’t know if a case has been filed under his name as he does not have complete details about the case, he might not have a CNR number, which is required to get the details of the case.
If he doesn’t know the CNR number then it can be searched by other options like Case Registration Number, Party Name, Advocate Name, etc. However, this is a very long process since the case could have been filed in any courts in any of the states. So the employee starts searching each of the states and each court in each state and typically takes about a week to complete this task.
Solution – Court Case Finder Bot
We came up with an RPA (Robotic Process Automation) solution for this problem – Court Case Finder Bot. A bot that can find all cases against your name in all the states without you having to go to each of the portals of the state. Here is how the bot works.
- Court case finder bot opens the eCourts Service Portal
- If there is no CNR number, as in our case, then the bot needs to go to the Case Status Page
- Bot enters the state, district, court name, Petitioner Name, Year and case status. Captcha can be solved by captcha solving services integrated with RPA.
- The process takes approximately 2 days to get completed. Without any manual intervention the Legal Court Finder Bot reduces a lot of manual work from the employee.
- Finally, the case finder bot enters the case detail page for the respective name, RPA scrapes the data and it will make a report.
- This process continues until all courts to be finished.
- Now the CEO’s problem is solved. They can get the report very quickly within a span of just 2 days instead of spending on a resource to do the same work but take up to 1 week to complete.
- Comparing the prices, the bot cost is 5x less than the employee salary.
- RPA can reduce processing costs by up to 80%.
|Employee Salary in Rs (₹)||Bot Cost in Rs (₹)||Cloud Server Cost in Rs (₹)|
|Per Annum||240000||Per Annum||100000||Per Annum||85800|
|Per Month||20000||Per Month||8333.3333||Per Day||235.06849|
|Working Days||22||Working Days||30||Per Hour||9.794520|
|Per Day||909.090||Per Day||277.77778|
|Working Hours||8||Working Hours||20||Server + 1 Bot / Hour||23.6834|
|Employee Cost Per Hour||113.6363||Per Hour||13.888889|
Here is a quick video of our Bot in Action
If you found this useful and think that our Court Case Finder Bot can help you solve your problems do reach out to us and we’ll set up the bot at your place in no time.
Alternatively, If you have any repetitive manual process in your organisation that you think can be automated using RPA feel free to contact us. Here’s a quick look at the way we go about implementing a new RPA project and take your organisation to the Digitalised phase in the Digital Transformation journey.